Translate

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Li2go Is The Way To Go


Do you find it annoying that you have to bring your License with you everywhere you go?  Or that occasional feeling of getting in you car and realizing you forgot it, so you had to turn back around? Well you aren’t alone. Many people constantly forget their license on a day-to-day basis and it can be a pain. These days technology is evolving in so many different ways and aspects. As time goes on, our electronics can do more and more.  Today the modern day cell phone can run some of the same programs as a computer.  It is this reason why such applications such as Li2go will be able to function.

Ever thought of your license on your phone? Well soon that will be possible. For those who are just reading the blog, license to go also known, as Li2go is an application that keeps your license within your fingertips. It's meant to prevent any inconvenience a license may bring. Say a father rushed to pick his child up from school, but forgot his ID. Instead of panicking, he opened Li2go on his smartphone and everything was okay.  This application has evolved in many ways throughout this semester, but it’s finally at a point where it could be considered presentable.  

In order to make Li2go what it is today at first developing an idea for an application was the challenging part. I felt like there were endless amounts of options to choose from but none of them felt right. After days and hours of thinking of ideas I asked myself, what is something that would make ones life easier that they often leave behind? At first I thought keys, and then a cell phone but realized one would just end up failing, and I cannot re-create another find my IPhone.  So after coming up with Li2go during the semester the idea evolved in a few ways. I ended up switching the amount of cellphones to license ratio, decided what security measures the application will use, and how it will function on other operating systems such as Blackberry and Windows. The next big application, Li2go is almost a finished product.

Everyday a new application is created for some kind of smartphone.  The people who come up with ideas also spend many hours and weeks trying to create the best application.  Just like Li2go after weeks of preparation I finally thought of possible ideas in order to make this application a reality.  The first step has already been completed, coming up with my idea. The second step is to reach out to mobile app developers.  These are people who have previously made tons of apps and with their connections they could help me reach out to possible funders and other necessary connections I may need.  My third step is to reach out. Because my application deals with licenses I will have to get in contact with DMV’s across the country and have them create licenses with barcodes and RFID’s.  This way the phones will be able to be read and scan the ID’s.  Last but not least, because this deals with security I may have to get this passed by the government so I will compose a letter on my idea and hope for the best.

Overall this has been such a thought-provoking project. I plan on being an entrepreneur and creating applications similar to Li2go.  I cannot wait until it actually happens if everything works out as planned.  Overall Li2go is a revolutionary application and it will help millions of people never forget something so important to their everyday life.   Just remember Li2go is the way to go.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this idea because I too, am a victim of constantly forgetting my license! The only query I have with this is this: Would people be able use this to purchase items such as alcohol? And if so, wouldn't it be easy to hack your own license and change the information?

    ReplyDelete